Wednesday, December 8, 2010 | By: Zachary Bartels

Seriously, DO call it a comeback...

While I count down the days to the release of the Crossway/Gospel Coalition title Don’t Call It a Comeback featuring pretty much every YRR superstar (including my boy Ted Kluck), there is a more urgent comeback taking place.


Once great and once defunct website, www.calvinistgadfly.com has finally and fully been resurrected by the great Frank Turk. The NEW Calvinist Gadfly is less about counter-polemics and (at least so far) more about getting back to the basics of what Calvinism is really about and how it affects our lives as disciples of Jesus. And, of course, Turk does this as only Turk can.

It also features a purple and green comic book character (the aforementioned gadfly) in a biomechanical suit of some kind, and lots of fun Calvin-related photoshop. (Turk referred to the above graphic as “almost Bartels-esque,” but I think that’s giving me too much credit.) And like any good website, fan art is part of the culture at the New Calvinist Gadfly, which means you’ll be seeing some of my humble offerings soon.

Anyway, it’s just a click away on the blogroll to your left, so go check it out. And have I mentioned that Frank Turk wrote the foreword to Younger, Restlesser, Reformeder: A Good-Natured Roast, a little humor book by me and Ted Kluck, which comes out on December 15? Well, I have now...


 

1 reader comments:

Steph said...

Yeah, that photo seems strangely icky weird to me. Creepo. ;) XoX