Sunday, May 16, 2010 | By: Zachary Bartels

Short Stuff

 


  • I have removed the “Link Within” (aka “You might also like...”) widget because it linked all of my 100+ posts to the same five random articles. Why? I don't know... So, goodbye Link Within. Better luck next time.

  • Kinda Christianity is now avaiable on the Amazon Kindle. So...ya know...if you have a...Kindle, then...um...buy it. The paperback is now on Amazon UK as well--for all my British readers.

  • I've made some updates to Pastor Zach dot Com, including an archive of Calvinati.com (which I finally mercy-killed) and a video page...

  • ...which includes the new teaser trailer for our web series Pastor Zach’s Basement! This is the stuff dreams are made of; don’t miss it!

  • Ted Kluck has procured some golf clubs for us to use this summer. Neither of us golfs, but we’re going to hit a nine-hole course soon a la Mikey and Peter Gibbons on Swingers. Any golf advice?

  • And speaking of Ted, he’s headed to the Moody Pastors Conference, which I had been intending to attend with him, but a couple things fell through (on Moody’s part, not mine) and I am not going after all. I do attend at least one conference per year, which now leaves me wide open for 2010. Anyone know of any good conferences on the horizon that I should check out? (Remember, I’d rather chew on a broken-glass-filled dead rat than go to anything “Purpose-Driven,” “Missional,” or “Seeker-based.”)

4 reader comments:

Frank Turk said...

There's a "pastor, steak and beer" conference going to happen my back yard the weekend of Memorial Day, and admission and accommodations are free -- you just have to get there.

Baked Potato or Potato Salad?

ZSB said...

Odds of me and Ted someday road-tripping to the land of "you got a pretty mouth" to see turk: 4/10.

Jen W. said...

The American Library Association's conference is next month in DC, but I'll warn you that it's a lot of librarians and few pastors. I know, what a shock.

Frank Turk said...

Arkansas isn't half as bad as most people say ...

... when you're in broad daylight and north of Sheridan ...