Sunday, September 13, 2009 | By: Zachary Bartels

Last Post for a Month Or Two (I'll be with the devil...)

True, I haven't exactly been burning up the bandwidth in the past few weeks (see my last post about the Greek Reading and Review class that was monopolizing my time and brainspace), but I'm afraid I will be around even less for a couple months. Starting this evening, I will be pouring all of my writing ganas into a new writing project I'm about Satan and devils. I've been working on it here and there for more than a year, but I've decided it's time to give it my full attention.

The fun part is that I'm not sure if it's an article, a book, a study, a series of blog posts, or what. I just know that it's about Satan, his place before and after the cross, his tactics throughout Scripture and into the present, and our relationship to him and his demons.

I'm pretty much a "tunnel vision" type guy and, considering that I'm currently preaching through Nehemiah and teaching through Why We Love the Church, I can only add this project if I put some other things on hold. So the blog is in limbo for the moment, only to be revived when I'm done or when I need to bounce some ideas off of you folks.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Pastor Zach

4 reader comments:

Scott said...

Oddly enough, I just finished reading through Nehemiah.

Jonathan said...

So, if one were to ask why you have been neglecting your blog, you can honestly answer, "the devil made me do it."

Man, I crack myself up!

mike wittmer said...

Thanks for stealing my line, Jonathan. I was just about to post something like that, so Amen to whatever he said.

FireBreathingChristian said...

I wish you well with your work. Tunnel vision sounds like a good thing in this instance.

I have just stumbled upon your site today and am happy to have found such well written, biblically sound material to digest.

I've just jumped into the blogosphere myself in recent weeks, launching http://FireBreathingChristian.com.

It is always encouraging to connect with like-minded Christians. It is in moments such as this that I am very grateful to Al Gore for inventing the Internet.

Soli Deo gloria!

Scott