Sunday, November 2, 2008 | By: Zachary Bartels

Stuff I've Been Clicking...


  • The Council of Orange - I love the Canons of the Council of Orange more than I...should. At the council (or, more properly, at the Second Synod of Orange, 529), the church affirmed the teachings of St. Augustine against the Pelagian error. Read through these 25 canons once and see if your church (and your theology) past muster.
  • The New 95 Theses - In honor of Reformation Day, our friends at Extreme Theology posted 95 New Theses, in an attempt to update Luther's critiques of the 16th Century church and make them apply to popular errors of the 21st Century Church. Some are a bit of a stretch, but still food for thought.
  • The New Issue of Lark News came out yesterday. I don't know why, but I find this article hilarious.

2 reader comments:

mike wittmer said...

Wow. The Council of Orange. No kidding? You are an impressive pastor! But wasn't this council Semi-Augustinian? I prefer to go in all hog!

ZSB said...

If falling short of hyper-Calvinism makes it semi-Augustinian, then paint a big "SA" on my chest...

It put the final nail in the coffin of Pelagianism (in theory; not practice), and that's enough to make it legendary in my book!