Tuesday, October 7, 2008 | By: Zachary Bartels

Just one question...


I haven't posted my usual weekly ramblings yet. Not sure when that will happen, but here are a couple of upcoming items that have me quite giddy:

  1. My buddy/mentor/nemesis Dr. Michael Wittmer will be answering some questions I sent him by way of an interview. This is in anticipation of the imminent release of his new book Don't Stop Belieiving: Why Living Like Jesus Is Not Enough. He's going to answer my questions a couple at a time, and I'll post them as they arrive. Wittmer is awesome. This will be great.
  2. I had been very, very bummed out to realize that a colleague's installation service was scheduled for the same night as "Dr." Jack Van Impe's public appearance at a church here in Lansing. Today, however, I learned that the installation has been rescheduled, leaving me free to attend the prophecy crazy-fest! I shall observe, take meticulous notes, and report back to you. Oh, how I hope there is a Q&A opportunity. But that brings up a quandry: if I could get in line and ask just ONE question of the mascot of dispensational hysteria, what would it be? I will entertain your suggestions in the comments section below.

4 reader comments:

David Marvin said...

Living like Jesus is not enough? But In His Steps says it is. My whole theology has been shattered.

Can I come along and ask Van Impe one of my patented gut-wrenching questions that make old men cry?

ZSB said...

Whatever you like, dude. I was going to ask you if you wanted to come along... Mark your calendar!

David Marvin said...

When is it?

ZSB said...

Sunday, Oct 26. Doors open at 5. I wanna get there shortly after 4. Sit up close to Jack 'n' Skeletor.