Thursday, August 21, 2008 | By: Zachary Bartels

Kingdom of God ≠ Kingdom of Man

Rev. Rick Warren: What does it mean to you to trust in Christ?

Sen. Barack Obama: It means I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins and that I am redeemed through Him.

Sen. John McCain: It means I’m saved and forgiven.

(from Saddleback Presidential Forum, August 16, 2008)

Oh no! What if both candidates for President are born again? What if we actually have to choose who to vote for based on who we believe would be a better leader? What if we have to acknowledge thatas Christianswe must live in light of two ages and two kingdoms?

Can't think of anything better. To paraphrase the Joker (the old fun Joker, not the new disturbing Joker), this country's political scene needs an enema!

Does God have a candidate? Wrong question.

God gave you the ability to think deeply about all the important issues and make tough decisions. Do you have a candidate?

Eat your heart out James Dobson. You too, Jim Wallis.



2 reader comments:

Rus-n-Mer said...

"Do you have a candidate?"
No, I do not, I will likely vote for McCain, but I will not call him "my candidate". I hate the term " lesser of two evils" also, but he is not mine for sure.
Now, I may be able to call some one like you "my candidate" but I can not imagine anyone with that kind of moral and spiritual justice running for office.

ZSB said...

Me? Run for office???
You first. ;)