Tuesday, August 12, 2008 | By: Zachary Bartels

Here we go...

So first, I tried not blogging and failed. Then, I tried blogging and failed. I mean, two posts in six months? That's like some aborted '90s Xerox 'zine about the underground snowboard scene in Muskegon.

This blog, however, can only succeed. The skeleton of the thing is comprised of my articles from the Judson Journal. In the first four days of the blog's existence, I posted a backlog of thirty-one articles from the past three years...and my job demands that there will be a steady stream of future articles. So, at the very least, worst case scenario is one post per month. I can hear the roar of approval from the public. People love my free-association-style ramblings in the Journal for some reason. Really, the most unlikely people gobble them up.

But this blog will also be a prime forum for my abandoned mental hatchlings that are just too random, technical, theological, controversial, bizarre, or irreverent to grace the pages of a church newsletter with such a long and distinguished history of mimeographed clipart.

Now...somebody leave a friggin' comment so I know you're out there.

6 reader comments:

Anastasia said...

Here's a friggin' comment.

I was delighted to see that you'd launched a blog.

If blogging is for geeks, I don't want to be cool.
Good thing I'm not.

ZSB said...

Ah, my first comment!
And, in celebration, I offer a mighty Huzzah-sha-lalalala (like an old-timey carnival caller).

David Marvin said...

I am glad to see that you are finally posting things that I have not already read. I started a photo blog connected to our website but hosted through this same service. I do not have as much to say as you, so I figure photos would be better. Plus, I might get a little too political in my rants and I need to tread with caution given the nature of my work.

ZSB said...

I have yet to decide whether I can "get political," considering the frequent mention of the church. I guess if I wanted the freedom to do that, I should have been careful to keep it entirely separate from my pastoral capacity. Hopefully I can control mysel--WRITE IN DUKAKIS IN '08!!!

Aw, peas...

Jennifer said...

Your abandoned mental hatchlings? I'm scared.

David Marvin said...

Well, I just figured out how to host a blog through the Apple server, so I moved everything over there and now my blog looks like the rest of my site. You can still leave comments there.